Thursday, July 09, 2009

Summer contentment

We all learn from our children....
My latest lesson is from looking at this photo of B throwing sticks in the muddy water...He was content to do that because he knew his dad was watching (and he likes too!)
Am I content to do something simple, content with my station in life, with my position, my presitige (or lack thereof), my tasks...just because my Heavenly Father is watching? Do I display a contented heart? A passion for the small tasks because I know He watches me?
"I am content, whether abased or in abundance..." - Phil 4

6 comments:

Stephanie Sabbe said...

thanks Anna, I needed that today. Hope you guys are doing well!

Michelle said...

This was really encouraging Anna. thanks!

Josh and Jamie said...

Wow, nicely put Anna. Definitely touched my heart. Good to see all the pics of B and you guys. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo and perspective - J & L

WanderingLili said...

It's awesome what children teach us without even trying. Thanks for posting this Anna.

sanctifyingsarah said...

Seems like he felt content because he knew he was safe with his father watching. Contentment often comes from faith that God is watching and is pleased.