Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back to school

Guess who's back in school?! Me! (Anna) Only this time it's more fun! I am taking two classes this year. The first is a Bible class through Bible Study Fellowship. It includes daily study time and weekly discussion and lecture. It's more structured than I am used to, but it has been good for me. I have never taken an official Bible class before, and I am really enjoying it! We are studying the life of Moses, which includes Exodus through Deuteronomy.
I am also taking cooking classes! I looked into doing this when we lived in Memphis, but it was too expensive. Here, I signed up with a group of women associated with Washington University for classes offered at a local grocery store (Dierbergs).
The "Menu" includes:
Fillo and Puff pastry
Greek Classics 101
New Orleans
Sushi (Caleb is really excited about me learning this one!)
Stylish Spring Dinner
and Italian


11 comments:

Sara W said...

Awesome! Good for you. I will probably go back to some type of "school" next year once Chris actually has an income and health insurance. :) I'm thinking about cosmetology... random, I know, but I've wanted to do this since I was young.

Rachel said...

Fun! I have heard great things about Bible Study Fellowship. And the cooking class sounds awesome!

Sarah :) said...

I'm so jealous. I just told ET that I wanted to take a cooking class and YES they are too expensive here. Maybe I'll end up in St. Louis and be able to take that one. :)

TheHoppers said...

Wow congrats on the cooking class. It is a shame how expensive they can be! I know Caleb will enjoy the fruits of these labors. Now when I come to visit I would like a spicy tuna roll and a salmon roll please! HA!

Kyle

Michelle said...

Hey Anna,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I generally just lurk on yours :)

I go to "the other" Bible study-Community Bible Study. We're currently in I Peter.

I've always wanted to take cooking classes, but have never bit the bullet. Yours looks very well rounded.

bandanachick said...

Good for you! That will be a great way to meet some new friends and learn lots of good stuff while you are at it!
You'll have to teach me your new cooking skills next time I see you!

Jean said...

How cool! I hadn't thought of grocery stores offering classes, but it makes sense! I looked into a cake decorating class at Hobby Lobby and Michael's... they weren't took expensive, but I just never did it! Please keep us posted on how it works out! :-) I'm excited to hear!

sanctifyingsarah said...

I did a year with BSF and loved it. We did the Pentateuch. I like the rules too, if you don't do the homework you can't talk. That was hard for me but I learned a lot and always got my work done.

Sunshine said...

how fun is that! sounds like the 3 of you are settling into st loui! i've heard it's a wonderful place to visit- lots of great parks etc... maybe we'll make it up there sometime!

Nate Madden said...

I'm excited for you! BSF is so encouraging... and Bryson will be able to go in less than a year, too. Micah loves his little class.

You will have to post all the best recipes from cooking class. :)

WanderingLili said...

SUSHI - WOW I would love it if you would share some of what you learn on your blog. There is a real art to that and even though we have tried, we haven't been able to get it just right.