Sunday, January 07, 2007

updating...

This past weekend we were in Little Rock to attend Michelle Heller's wedding to Scott Schuhard. It was refreshing to see family and friends - Nate and Ruth (and AUSTIN!) Dave and Rachel, Nate and Rachel, and other friends. Lorraine was kind to let us stay at her home. She's a good hostess - she bought coffee so I could make it , even though she doesn't drink it. We burned the candle late into the night visting, so we're a bit tired, but thankful for those people.

On Saturday, Anna and I hiked up Pinnacle Mountain, a peak that rises over a thousand feet up out of the Arkansas River valley. We weren't quite aware that the last bit was so strenous, but it was quite a memorable trip. The view at the top is really something - you can see for yourself by visiting http://www.adventurestateparks.com/hiking/ and clicking on the virtual tour of the Pinnacle Mountain peak. If you are in the area, it's definently something you might want to do.

I know some of you are interested in Grady, so you'll be pleased to know that he's adjusting well to his urban locale. He was at the vet Friday for some more immunizations and then we were gone this weekend, so he was delighted to see us when we returned. He's very energetic and playful, but directable if we're persistent.

I begin Internal Medicine tormorrow, so that will be interesting. We'll keep you posted. cjt

3 comments:

jenica said...

We were sad to miss Michelle's wedding. Glad you all had fun!

When visiting from CO, we thought pinnacle mnt. was well...so so.
Now when visiting from IA, we think it's amazing! =)

Caleb and Anna said...

You are right. It is amazing what a little perspective will do. Nothing compared to the Sierra Nevadas where I've been, but in view of where I am (the flatness of Memphis), Pinnacle was a real treat.

Ruth said...

It was great to see you guys last weekend! We wish we could have spent more time with you guys...but are thankful for the time we did have. Austin already misses everyone...well, maybe just the constant holding! Love you all!